Monday, June 14, 2010

Egg Free, Gluten Free And Grain Free Devil’s Food Brownie Recipe

Sometimes when I’m experimenting, something doesn’t turn out how I expected but it does turn out as something that is very delicious. For this recipe, I was trying to adapt the Devil’s Food Cupcakes from the Valentine’s Menu Planner into an egg- free, grain-free version. At first, I thought it was a disaster because it was taking a lot longer to bake and it was bubbling. It looked like bubbling chocolate hot lava and I really wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out.

I was hoping they would still be edible as I took them out of the over and they cooled. The baking time turned out to be about 50 minutes and they were still bubbling as I took them out of the oven.

They were so moist, rich and yummy that I decided to add the recipe into the Valentine’s Day Menu Planner for Limited Diets. An incredible brownie dessert that is grain, egg and gluten free. I’m giving you the recipe here as well.

Grain, Gluten and Egg Free Devil’s Food Carob or Chocolate Brownies

Dry:

1 2/3 cups of almond flour

1/2 cup carob or cocoa powder; sifted

1 tsp sea salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix 6 Tbsp of boiling water with 2 Tbsp flax meal

Wet:

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup coconut oil or melted butter

1 cup coconut milk

2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp lemon juice

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 350

2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.

3. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.

4. Dump the dry items into the bowl with the wet items and mix. Mix until they are the consistency of a thick cake batter. If too dry add a little milk. If too wet add a little flour.

5. Grease an 8.5″ square cake pan with butter or coconut oil.

6. Pour into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.

Brownies will be soft and bubbling but should be done after 50 minutes. Let cool for at least an hour or overnight before serving. They will be very soft and moist.

Note about GAPS: This recipe is not GAPS-legal because it uses chocolate. Also, carob is also not on the allowed list.

I am trying to stick with my GAPS diet and I confess that I ate WAY more of these brownies than I intended as I was testing it for the menu planner. I just didn’t have the will power to eat only a bite.

Looking to find the Valentine’s Day Menu Planner, then visit www.HeartOfCooking.com to find the best list of Limited Diet Menu Plans available for you.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete